"experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted." -randy pausch

Thursday, May 30, 2013

letters to Emily {PHD program, bike riding, & learning German}

Dear Emily,

Wow, your garden looks great!  I can't wait to have a garden of my own one day.  One day.  Well, you will be happy to know Bryce did indeed get excepted into the PHD program here!  I was so excited!  It was a great honor, they told him 75% off applicants got denied.  My smart Bryce.  So we will be out here for a few more years!  More European adventures to come....but the best adventures happen with in the walls of my home and being with my family.  I have learned so much being out here, just not enough German!  Gosh.  I am going to take classes soon.  I know enough to understand a bit but not enough.  Bear will probably know more than me by the end of the year!
It was Bear's first Sunday in Nursery last week.  I had to sneak out. 
They brought him back to me after an hour.
He was sobbing.
But this week he made it!
He made it all the way through to the end. 
So proud.
Did I see little Chase swinging on a big boy swing?  
Wow! 
That is impressive!  He is getting so big!
The weather has been rainy/sunny, pretty typical for Germany, that is why everything is green.  But mostly rainy.  Bryce and I ride our bikes to church pulling the kiddos and we thought it was a light drizzle, so we put the kids in the bike trailer and it was pouring!  We showed up to Church looking like wet mice.... Our boys loved it.  It was actually kind of fun.  
I think I have found my favorite thing.
Biking.
Love it.
Especially with the kids.  
New family tradition:
Bike then Gelato.
Bear shovels it in.
So fun.
Life is great.  Being a mom is amazing.  I am so glad there are people like you in the world.  You motivate me to be better....
LOve you Em!

Beth

p.s. Did you get the Chico Reunion letter from Connie Nelson?   Are you going?

No comments: