"experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted." -randy pausch

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

must be memorial day.

when the rotatiller broke we ended up at the pool.
it's a rough life,
but somebody's gotta do it. 
4 hours later i delivered the bigs home to sean who had fixed the rotatiller, 
bathed a baby who i'm told spent the afternoon enjoying his life in the dirt,
a vaccuumed out car,
and a lawn with every piece edged.
or my in laws did that part.
bless them.
i've never been so happy to see churned up dirt in my life!
we bathed the kids,
tucked them into bed,
and i planted all of my plants and seeds until the sun went down at ten, 
and i couldn't see my hand in front of my face.
even after showers our feet still had dirt on them.
i can almost see the corn growing on the fence and the sunflowers towering high into the sky.
must be memorial day:)
...
to jackie and shawn p. whose service i honor.
and to all who serve, we THANK YOU!
happy memorial day!

No comments: