"experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted." -randy pausch

Sunday, July 13, 2014

25 cloves of garlic, 2 tbls chili powder, 7 cups water, & 3 squirts of dawn

MAYDAY
MAYDAY
MAYDAY
my tomato plants are in bad shape.
completely and utterly infested.
we are talking black beetles, white beetles, white mites, worms.
you name, our tomato plants have 'em.
so this morning,
an hour before church,
i walked out to my yard in my pajamas and morning breath,
and in my horror of discovering how many new bugs had multipled over night,
went swiftly to pinterest for a homemade rememdy.
25 cloves of garlic,
2 tbls chili powder,
7 cups of water,
and 3 squirts of dawn in the ninja blender later,
i had the most repulsively smelling homemade fertilizer on the planet.
after i doused my five tomato plants,
i had andrea pass me some cornstarch over the fence,
which i sprinkled around each plant to ward off vampires and such,
and we both ran inside to make ourselves presentable for church in thirty minutes or less.
we are so good:)
and now we pray.
that the bugs and worms will go away.
also, that the spray and cornstarch won't kill my plants overnight.
anyone have experience in this matter?
green thumb help
STAT. 

1 comment:

Amy said...

Did it work? I am very curious. I am trying to figure out where to put a garden next summer, and this info will come in useful. I love what a domestic diva you are!