"experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted." -randy pausch

Sunday, January 4, 2015

luckiest only child ever

mornings
in
the gibson
home.
i may not get a shower without someone trying to get in with me,
and my brushes and hair clips might always be missing or broken,
but i'm the luckiest only child ever,
because i never have to be alone:)
{this is confusing b/c i have two step-siblings that i call my brother and sister, but i didn't live with them in elementary school, so i lived like an only child during the school year, which in my opinion is the loneliest time for an only child when no one else on your street can play, and there's no one in your house to play either. so, i'm an only child that has siblings. blended families are complicated. they just are. just go with it. that is all.}

1 comment:

Amy said...

I always feel bad for only children. On the plus side, though, having children seems like a wonderful cure for the only child blues!