"experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted." -randy pausch

Monday, September 14, 2015

i'll get to them later

i'm a changed woman!
because having dishes in the sink from the night before doesn't even bother me.
mostly because i know this means i went to bed without bothering to stay up late to do them.
which means MORE SLEEP,
which means HAPPIER EMILY IN THE MORNING.
{they CANNOT be out all over the counter--some things will NEVER change;)...}
i'll get to them later.
and i really mean it.
it's actually kind of weird.
and i LOVE it.
{probably the best thing having a 4th kid ever taught me.}
that's what she said.
yep.

2 comments:

EnglishLit said...

And the battle of the sink goes on for the rest of your life---I know this sounds like a waa waa but whose idea was it to eat three times a day anyway. Since we are stuck with this food thing I think we should be given dish fairies that whisk them away. Well, that isn't going to happen either, so, what if instead of essential oil parties we had dish cleaning parties? Develop a whole mlm marketing strategy where you sign up for once a week and the more people sign up the more times a week you get your dishes done? Well it is Utah btw and they are the King of MLMs.

Amy said...

I hate dishes. I have been going to bed before my kids lately, so dishes are saved and I usually do them around 5:30 or 6:00 the next morning. I wish I could wake up to a clean kitchen, but like you, I have learned of the beauty of extra sleep!