"experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted." -randy pausch

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

in being a little bit old

"you've got that
james DEAN
dayyyyy dreeeeeaaaaam
look in your eyeeeeesssssssssss"
{and also a right ear that always flaps out.}
did you know the high school girls don't even know who james dean is?
the one they're all singing about in the taylor swift song.
do you know the one?
YOU KNOW THE ONE!!!!
they don't even know who james dean is!!!
i couldn't even believe it.
this fact i learned from my niece last weekend,
and it made me feel a little bit old.
just a little bit. 
and then i told her to google it,
so she would know.
and i would do my part.
in being a little bit old.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I cannot get over his cuteness!
And seriously? Teenagers haven't heard of James Dean? That is just weird to me. He was dead by the time we were teenagers, wasn't he? So it isn't like our generation was into old things, it is just that he is iconic!